Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wry Like Me?

So I've been watching this TV show called Dead Like Me. It's quite funny, in the dark, sarcastic humor kind of way. Kind of like the MTV cartoon Daria, in that respect, only a little further over into the darkness.

Anyway, this isn't a TV show review. I was just thinking about how much I like the main character, an 18-year-old girl who now has to reap the souls of the dead because she was hit by a flaming toilet seat which had fallen from the Soviet Space Station. She is now known as Toilet Seat Girl. And while I'm glad I don't have such an unfortunate nickname, I do like her apathetic, sarcastic, wry attitude. I wish I could be like that, sometimes.

And at least she has a job, even if it is soul-killing. Ha.

(I have an interview next week; wish me luck!)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!
    And, I think I'll check out the show- it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! You'll do good (heck, I'd hire you!). If you ever want to use me as a reference, you totally can!

    ReplyDelete