Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome to my brain

It is a confusing place.

Here's what I think happened: I was just about to take a shower when I thought of something I just had to write down, and even though a normal person might have just tried to remember it through the shower and write it down when they got out, I knew this would do me no good, since my brain is like unto a sieve. So, since I already had a Word document started to deal with that particular topic, I knew I couldn't just write it down on a handy piece of paper. I have too many tiny pieces of paper lying around already. So I had to go to the computer, type it all down (and by the time I was done typing I had about twice as much material as I had started with, because that's what happens when stuff comes out of my brain), then go and dig out my flash drive where the document was because my brain couldn't even wait that long to write it down (type it down?). And then, since I was on the computer anyway, I just had to check the all the comics and blogs I read, and then, of course, since one of the blogs on my blog list hasn't been broken in yet (is, in fact, not being updated anymore), there were plenty of juicy backposts to read, and then there were all those nice links on the sidebar, and then eventually I looked up and realized that I had been about to take a shower two hours ago.

This can't just be me, though, right? I hear about internet addiction all the time. I'm just pretty sure most people get onto their computers on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment