Monday, September 27, 2010

Titles are hard

I just finished revising the novel I wrote last year for NaNoWriMo. I am so excited, because this is the first time I've actually finished writing a rough draft for a novel and then gone back and revised it. It was tough, and I had to almost completely rewrite it, but in the end I had 19,000 words that fit together well and that I could actually show people. Not publishers, mind you, but other human beings.

This process has taught me a lot about editing and revising, and it's been a hard road, and I know I'm not even close to the end. I know I have a lot more to learn before I'm even ready to start sending stuff to publishers, but I also know it's going to be a blast. Revising this novel has been so hard, but so worth it.

And I'd like to pass that knowledge on. So for the next few blog posts, and interspersed with the other stuff, I'm going to lay out what my own experience and the advice and experiences of others is teaching me about the whole writing process. I think I'll call this series "insert clever title here."

I mean, really, just look at the title of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment